Vacancy Number: 2016 – 011
Organization: Business Tree Consulting Services
Salary: As per company salary scale/Based on Negotiation
Announcing date: 05 Oct 2016
Closing date: 15 Oct 2016
Position title: Proposal Writer
Contract duration: 3 months with extension
No. of jobs: 1
Shift: Full day
Experience: 5 Years
Education: Masters in Project Management/Research
Business Tree Training Consulting Services (BTCS) started its services in 2010 as Business Tree Trainings and Consultancy (BTTC).
Due to some internal constraints, they couldn’t continue longer! The management decided to re-structure, re-shape and re-write the:
Slogan: Your Gateway to Managerial Excellence
Mission: to enable the employees and organizations to achieve their full potential for success
Vision: to be the leading capacity building partner of our clients to struggle for their staff and organizational capacity development
· Quality and Excellence
Scope of Services and Tasks:
The scope of the service entails the following and with details described after:
· Bid leading and coordination
· Bid Writing
· Review of financials & budget to ensure they are conformed to the proposed interventions and donor requirements.
· Reviewing of the final document and incorporating feedback and suggestions.
Bid Leading and coordination:
· Manages the full end-to-end bids process, of planning, developing and writing the proposals, through to their its finalization, authorization and ultimately their its submission.
· Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
· Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
· Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
· Produces a clear bids structure and bids plans to fully meet the bids requirements.
· Manages and implements the bids plans, ensuring that all necessary activities are clearly defined, allocated and completed to the necessary timescales, communicating progress to all involved in producing the bids.
· Guides and chases all necessary content contributors as needed, reviewing all content and ensuring that the overall documents tell a consistent and clear stories.
· Leads on development of the proposals narratives; actively bids writing where required.
· Takes information provided by the individual contributors (technical and or otherwise) in the proposal team and helps build it into a consistent proposal ‘one voice’.
· Identifies and tailors any available pre-written content.
· Draft/write the comprehensive bids, including technical and commercial tenders;
· Reviews opportunity evaluation criteria, providing advice to team on pricing vs score strategies
· Sense checks the final cost calculations and budget/pricing models throughout
· Supports the development of the detailed bottom-up, activity-based costing models
· Work with the bids team to understand the competitive landscape, the clients’ requirements, the delivery risks involved and any likely pricing sensitivity – e.g. ‘win-price’ identification.
· Develop a scalable budget that accurately reflects maximum cost recovery.,
· Completes a detailed technical review of the proposed technical offering – i.e. is employing appropriate models, systems and solutions that present a clear methodological approach, meets (and exceeds) the donor / clients requirements for outcomes and impact
· Identifies specific areas for improvement, for minimizing risk and for maximizing the
· University degree in Project Management, Research or comparable professional qualification;
· Capacity to work in a multi-sector team including coordinating technical input into the proposal;
· Experience working in a fund-related field with over five (5) years experience in project proposal writing;
· Ability to work with Project members in various locations and remotely in writing and where necessary revising the Proposal;
· Good program skills including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents including log-frames and budget
· English writing
· English Presentation Deliveries
Success Track Record:
· Applicant shall provide us enough evidence of successfully submitting winning proposals
Who to Apply:
· Only those who have the capacity to do all above!
Email your CV’s+ Successful track record to: